.girvan - patent still proof strength

Well, this is awkward. I have only got a clue what the dram behind door number 18 of the Drinks by the Dram calendar 2015 can be (a single grain, probably a Girvan), but without the label it is rather tough to say exactly what is in my glass.

57.1% abv, €100

Nose: sweet, vanilla, fruit, red fruit, raspberries, strawberries, malty
Palate: sweet, vanilla, creamy, red fruit, raspberries, malt
Finish: long, creamy, malty, fruity, red fruit, raspberries
Mark: ++++/+

Conclusion: Yeah. I want this. Too bad there isn't any more in this sample, because I think with a little more time, I could get a little more notes out of this. Maybe I should just order a bottle, whatever it is?

.many thanks to the kind people of Drinks by the Dram to let us review their 2015 advent calendar

update: not long after my post on twitter, I got his response from Drinks by the Dram. As always, things turn out to be quite simple after all: "Greeting Thomas... so sorry to hear that your 18th day has been tainted by a mystery dram, we do like to keep people guessing! I can inform you this it was in fact the delicious Girvan Proof, I hope that fits in with the flavours that you got when tasting? It did sound like it from your blog... This is a very unusual occurrence, as we are very ruthless with our checks of the drams before they leave us. Is there any chance that the label may have escaped the dram and be in the bottom of the calendar somewhere? Maybe wait till the 24th day before you dismantle, but I need to know it's definitely not there before I start throwing my teddies out of the pram at people!!! Anyway, Thomas, enjoy the next 6 treats that are still to come and please do let me know if there is anything else I can do for you regarding this matter..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.