.zuidam - aged gin

Following the same recipe as their 'normal' dry gin using fresh citrus fruit, Zuidam decided to age the product for a couple of months in new American Oak 200 liter casks. I, for one, am happy they have done so.

44% abv, €30
gin

Nose: sweet, vanilla, fresh citrus, lemons, a touch of juniper berries
Palate: creamy, honey sweet, citrus, fresh lemons, a hint of fennel seeds
Finish: rather long, creamy, citrus, fresh limes, fennel
Mark: ++++/+

Conclusion: I am definitely not a gin drinker, but this... The absence of coriander is a big plus, since I cannot stand the taste of soap in my food and drinks. The aging in virgin oak added something very pleasant. I am sure we will get a bottle of the standard dry gin at some point "to make a tasting note", but until now, this is by far the most pleasant gin I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.