.clynelish - 18yo - the maltman

It is no secret I have a weak spot for a good Clynelish. Nice bloke by definition; Andrew Hart of the Maltman was so kind to send us some samples some time ago, one of which was this beauty.

??% abv, €?? - cask sample
single malt, non-chill filtered, natural colour

Nose: sweet, vanilla, roasted marshmallows, fruit, raspberries, strawberries, creme brulee, bees wax
Palate: sweet, honey, honeycomb, creamy, warm, spicy, pepper, raspberries
Finish: sweet, fruity, raspberries, strawberries, rather long
Mark: ++++/+

Conclusion: Yes. I like this. As I mentioned already, I have a weak spot somewhere for Clynelish, but when she is as she is here, I would go the extra distance to find me a bottle.

.many thanks to Andy for sending us the samples

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.