.glen keith - 21yo - the maltman

My first "official" Glen Keith. I have tasted Glen Keiths before, but somehow, I never got to make a tasting note from one. Seeing the below result, I kind of know why... It is a good dram, but - for me - there seems to be missing something.

.no picture found (yet)
52.3% abv, €90, single malt, non-chill filtered, natural colour

Nose: sweet, floral, roses, rosewater, dried berries, mulberries, cirtus, oranges
Palate: sweet, dried fruit, mulberries, citrus, oranges, marmalade, rather dry
Finish: strong, sweet, dried fruit, slight marmalade bitter
Mark: +++++ 

Conclusion: I am not really convinced with this one. Maybe I just need some more to taste, or at another time, but she just does not do it for me. She is a good dram, don't get me wrong, but I am missing the point here. This is a great whisky-whisky at a good price, but the sparkles and fireworks seem to be missing. 

More info: distilled in July 1992, matured in ex-Oloroso Sherry butt #9149, bottled into 534 bottles in January 2015

Many thanks to Andy "the Maltman" Hart for this sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.