.lakes distillery - gin

I am not much of a gin drinker, mainly because the distillers always seem to need to use an abundance of coriander, and I really detest coriander. Although many herbs are used in this gin - among which Cumbrian juniper, meadowsweet, hawthorn, heather and bilberry, they seem to have eased up on the coriander, which makes it quite drinkable to me.

34.7% abv, €40, gin

Nose: coriander, juniper, lavender, lime, rosemary, citrus, limoncello, oranges
Palate: oily, sweet, lemon thyme, herbal, herbal, blueberries, honey, cloves
Finish: liquorice, sweet, honey, herbal continues, cloves
Mark: +++++ 

Conclusion: not that bad, really. As stated before, I am not a big gin fan, but nonetheless, you can serve me this on - whenever it seems to be the right circumstance to drink gin. Like, Summer, when it is really hot out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.