.yoichi

Yoichi is the first of the many distilleries Nikka has built in Japan over the years. started by Masataka Taketsuru in 1934, and is the second dram in the Master of Malt - Drinks by the Dram 2015 whisky advent calendar.

43% abv, €55.69*, single malt

Nose: sweet, vanilla, fresh, citrus, lime, floral, apple blossom, fresh juicy pears
Palate: spicy, white pepper, sweet, vanilla, citrus, oranges, red fruit, berries, raspberries, slight hint of brininess and a touch of liquorice
Finish: sweet, malty, firm, a nice touch of liquorice, medium long
Mark: ++++/+

Conclusion: This should be a peated malt, but I seen to be non-receptive about peat lately. The (fairly common for me) liquorice note I often get in peated whiskies is there though, but the smoke is completely absent to me. Nonetheless, this is a vary enjoyable dram, and I might me convinced to take her home with me some time in the future.

.many thanks to the kind people of Drinks by the Dram to let us review their 2015 advent calendar

*per 50cl. bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.